Google isn’t the only search engine out there. There’s other searches that are gaining hundreds and hundreds of millions of visitors a month, Today we going to teach you how to rank on page one of Bing.
I know I always cover Google and how to get the most out of Google. But look, being even though is not the most popular search engine, is still super popular. You can get millions of visitors a month from being I know sites that are right now that are dominating on me and little they get over a million visitors a month.
So don’t just focus all your time and attention on Google. You need to focus on being as well. And that’s why I have this video, is to walk you through step by step of how to rank on Bing. So let’s get started.
- Unlike Google on Bing, we found the exact match domains perform even better than they do on Google. So if your domain is hotels.com and you’re trying for all the hotel terms, you’re going to do much better on Bing than you would on Google. Now, what we also found with being through experimentation is, we already know that, hey, all these prime domains like hotels.com are taken or cheap hotels or whatever it may be, but there’s many versions of it. There’s the dot or the dot net versions. There’s a dot CA versions. You can get any of these extensions and still do well on Bing from everything that we’ve tested. So if you can’t find the dot com version, that’s OK. Don’t stop yourself there. Look for the exact match version. That is any other extension. And if you really have a site and you don’t want to do that. Make sure your keywords are in the URL with being. We found that a super important factor because we’re looking at the domain name as well as URL. So if your keywords aren’t in your URL such as your domain dot com slash keyword, you won’t rank as highly for that term.
- I have for you is don’t forget keyword usage in the fundamental areas. So H1 tag title tag meta description. Your first paragraph of that page. If the keyword is on an all the right places. And again, to recap title meta description heading first paragraph. And of course, throughout the content as well, you’re much more likely to do better in Bing, if you don’t have an all those places like you skip out the heading tag within the first few paragraphs, you won’t rank as well on Bing keyword placement from everything that we’ve tested is very important.
- Just like Google. High quality content is super important. You don’t want to push out mediocre content. Being knows there’s too much content to index there in the same position as Google in which if the content is not amazing, they don’t want to rank it. So before you write new content, I always recommend checking out the Content Ideas report in Ubersuggests where you can type in a keyword. And it shows you all the popular blog posts. You don’t want to just copy what’s already popular. You want to have something that’s new, fresh, but it give you ideas of what’s working and what’s not. You want to do more articles like the stuff that’s working and less of the stuff that’s not working.
- I have for you is leverage social media. Unlike Google, social media is much more important with being they’ve publicly stated how they use social signals to determine ranking. So you need more social shows from Twitter. You need more social shares on Facebook. You need to get out there on LinkedIn. Microsoft owns LinkedIn. Keep that in mind myself. Also as being Microsoft was one of the first early investors in Facebook. Right. So all these deals that they set up helped and get access to this data. So if you don’t get the social shares, you’re not going to do well. Remember how I mentioned in the previous tip the Content Ideas report and Uber suggests it shows you what content people like and what they don’t know. It breaks it down not just based off of back links or search traffic. It also breaks it down based off a social shares. That’s, again, really important for this tip, because if you’re creating content that no one wants to share, you’re not going to do that well on Bing. But the moment you get those social signals, we found that if you get them extremely fast as well, your ratings are skyrocketing much quicker in Bing.
- Leverage Bing webmaster tools. Similar to how Google has webmaster tools.You’re probably not signed up for Bings Webmaster Tools. This will tell you errors, issues. Anything wrong with your site. What you need to fix. You need to be leveraging this on a regular basis. When you do this, you’ll get more insights, more data, and it’ll help you rank better on Bing because it’s not about what you see or what you think needs to be improved. Their webmaster tools will tell you what changes you need to make as well.
- I have for you is focus on user experience Bing over the last few years has been making a big push on this. As someone doing a search, clicking through on a result and then hitting the back button right away and bouncing back from your site, are you giving people what they’re looking for based on tech? Are they going to multiple pages on your site? All of this is really helpful because if you provide the best experience, you’ll rank higher in Bing and similar to Google. They’re using things like brand queries as well. And that all plays into user experience. If you don’t put a user first, you’ll find that, yes, in the short run, you may get some decent rankings on Bing, but you won’t stay there.You need your user metrics to be amazing.
- I have for you is check out the SEO analyzer report of Neil Patel. It’ll analyze one hundred and fifty pages on your site for free. Tell you what errors to fix. The tool isn’t just optimized for Google, but we’ve also created that tool. So it’s optimized for Bing as well. So if you go through it, look for the errors, fix them all and breaking it down step by step in recommendations and orders them in priority.
And if you do it step by step, you’ll find that your rankings will be better on being over time as well. If you need help with your being SEO, Contact us today.